Thursday, November 3, 2011

Persepolis

Marjane Satrapi's work Persepolis stood out to me among the novels I have read thus far this semester because of its context. The plot follows a decent chunk of Marjane's life, and although other works such as Blankets does the same, Persepolis seemed to have so much more information within the story.

I read the entire novel in two days, and considered stopping several times due to other work I had. I thought "I have a good enough idea about what is going on that I can finish this after Thursday." However, luckily I persevered and discovered that there are important developments in Satrapi's tale throughout the plot. My greatest connection with this novel is not one of deep analysis, but of quantity. After completing the novel, I felt like I had just lived her life with her and experienced those same struggles, as opposed to merely observing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment